Thursday, June 11, 2015

Book Club

Hi. The girls have started a book club! Last week they were told to read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. And today they are going to discuss it! 
Note: There are some spoilers so if you haven't read the book, go read it and then come back to this post.
Bella sat at the dining room table patiently waiting for the other book club members to arrive.
A minute later Jordan had entered the room carring a bag of gumdrops.
She sat down at the table next to Bella and the girls exchanged greetings. 
"Why did you bring those?" said Bella, motioning to the bag of gumdrops in Jordan's hands.
"I wasn't sure what to bring and I thought we might get hungry, so..." answered Jordan.
"Well did you think to bring your copy of the book? It is a book club after all." Bella replied.
"Um, no" said Jordan.
Just then Robin hurried into the room.
"Hi guys" Robin said, "Where's your book Jordan?" Robin said setting her copy on the table.
Seeing the sheepish look on Jordan's face she quickly said "never mind".
"OK, everyone I call the first ever Dolls Weekly Book Club meeting to order."
Bella announced grabbing her huge copy of the book.
"Maybe it would be better if you used your small book." Jordan said. 
"Yeah, ok." Bella grabbed her small copy and asked, "So, lets start off with a basic question, did you like the book?"
Robin started to nod vigorously and quickly said, "I loved the book! It was so well written and interesting!"
"I am not usually one for fantasy, so when you told me I had to read it I was well, not too excited about it. But as I started to read it got me quickly hooked! I agree this was a very good book."
"I liked it also.  With it's great setting , plot line and characters it made it an all around a great read! Speaking of characters, who was your favorite one; Ron, Hermione, or Harry? Mine was defiantly Hermione. She is so smart and added girl power into the story ." Bella said.
"Yes Hermione is a good character, but I really liked Ron. He added a lot of humour to the story and I mean we all love when he said, HAVE YOU GONE MAD? ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?. That part was so funny." Robin said smiling.
"Yes, yes." Jordan said reaching for a gumdrop. "We know Ron and Hermione are great. But we all know who the real hero is. Harry! I mean he was the boy who lived and he defeated Professor Quirrell and Voldemort!!!" Jordan exclaimed.
"OK I think we can all agree that all the characters were great." Bella said and the other girls nodded in approval. "Ok we have time for one more question. What was your favorite part of the story? Mine was the ending when Gryffindor won the house cup. I was so happy!"

"I liked when Harry retrieved Neville's Remembrall and become part of the quidditch team" said Jordan.
"My favorite part was when they defeated the troll in the girls bathroom. It was so exciting!"
"OK. I think this is the end of our first meeting."
The girls said their goodbyes and departed, until their next book club meeting. 

This book is definitely one of my favorites! You can answer the same questions the girls did below, if you have read it and join in on the discussion!
-Anna and the Book Club

No comments:

Post a Comment